Sunday, November 19, 2017

BACK TO IT TODAY

No rest for the wicked today... Stew will be back out the front, putting up the fence and shade sail.

Yesterday he got all the posts in the ground for the fence, and the two bigger posts up for the shade sail.

Today ... all going well he will get it finished.

Meanwhile, I shall be moving all this ...



ABOVE:  All of this is going back in the 'old' sewing room.
And then I shall move Griffin back into a bedroom down the far end of the house.

He's NOT happy about moving, but having his room up by the front door wasn't working for me. And at the end of the day, I'm the one home all day long... so I'm the one who has to put up with the messy teenager's room ... in my face all the time.

And NO, I don't believe in closing doors to hide shit.  I hate closed doors.  I don't know why... I just do.


Scrolling through Facebook yesterday, and I saw this and just couldn't help but laugh: 


ABOVE:  Do YOU have my sense of humor?  I found it so funny, so did Stew.


ABOVE:  The front fence... moved back 5 meters.  With my car there, we have room for at least 5 cars on the driveway now.  HANDY.

Stew pruned back the third tree last night, I've not had a chance to see it yet.  So I will go look soon.  Maybe we don't have to chop it down after all?  I know Stew isn't keen on chopping it down.

And with that .... I'm off to get the day started.  Lots to do...

ONWARD...

TIRED!  Been on the go all morning.
It took a few hours to get the teenager moved and all my sewing stuff in the front bedroom... but it's done:



ABOVE: Griffin even came out of his funk and helped me with the display/ideas wall.

I'm now taking time out for lunch and a relax, then will be helping watching Stew do the shade sail.  lol

Stew had been at it all day... and apart from some fine tuning (replacing the red straps with chain), the shade sail is up and the fence is finished.


ABOVE:  He's done an excellent job!  My car finally has shade over it.  And we didn't lose the third plum tree either.

It's been an excellent weekend.
Very, very quiet in blog land though!  Everyone must be busy with summertime/end of year stuff.

I can't believe how fast this year has gone!
It will be Christmas soon and I still have made no plans!

Signing off for the day... fairly early but never mind.  No one is around anyway.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:34 AM

    Totally understand why you would want a room you are in charge of near the front door! Griffin will live :)
    Cranky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Griffen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:29 PM

    Great pics the last few days Love your enthusiasm with room changes and lovely outside changes as well.

    Being a fulltime family with teens and younger ones you guys all gel together.

    Shade sail looks neat and every bit of shade helps on the summer days..

    Good on Griffin Helping do your art/craft room . Every bit counts and love your flare . Brylee and Keera looked lovely and happy on there... the other day as well . Love the long hair on both of them ..

    Is it ok to copy the succulent garden and send it to others???It is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can copy the garden photo... it wasn't mine to begin with... I gave credit to where it came from on the blog.

      Delete
  4. Study for uni and house work for me. Heading home (Taupo) for 2 weeks over xmas. Can't wait. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:10 PM

    Thanks Chris ,,Much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome change in the garden. Good ol Stew. He's a good worker! I love your new sewing room. So much closer to the kitchen there. Love your house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Next you'll need paving stones :) . When you get your car back into the garage, Stew can use that spot. win/win !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:46 PM

    I commented earlier but have trouble with the new phone.
    I hate closed doors but hate closed curtains/ blinds even more.
    My husband would choose salt water lol. He always jokes he can’t afford to get rid of me

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  9. My kids doors are always closed because they are right next to the front door too. No extra rooms to shuffle them around to though!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.