Wednesday, January 04, 2017

ROTORUA TODAY?

Well... we want to go to Rotorua today, but it's going to depend on the weather.

If it clears up after all day rain/drizzle yesterday, we will go.

I would love to try swimming in the Blue Lake!
And I'm sure the kids will love it too.

If we do decide to head off for the day, we will have to either pick Brylee up from her girlfriend's, or leave her there for the day.  Hmmm.... time will tell on that one.

So... that's our plan for today.

ONWARD...  

Thanks for the heads up Kate, we will try for tomorrow instead.  

So, I shall go into Hamilton and see if the Arts Shop is open.  I would like to find the right sealer for the tiles.  I now have 15 to seal!

Last night I had three disasters in a row with one tile.  I got really crabby and stayed up till I had it 'right'.  It's not as easy as it looks I can tell ya!

Keera has been a real trial at night lately.
We put her to bed, and within an hour or so she's up and crying out for us.  And she doesn't stop even when we go in and see her.

I was getting so damn angry!  She is totally settled in now, there is NO reason for her to be crying like a banshee!

So, I decided last night we would simply ignore her and not go in to her.

And guess what?  She stood at her door and cried and screamed, called out for Grandma and Granddad, and we did NOTHING.

AND???

That little bugger put herself back to bed and went to sleep!  Attention seeking behaviour if ever I saw it.

Same thing will happen tonight I'm sure, and the next, till she realises she isn't going to be pandered to any more.

Oh the joys of kids.


ABOVE:  art stuff.
12. 33 pm:  Been to town, got some art supplies from The Art Store, and Spotlight AND The Warehouse Stationary.  Grabbed some groceries and came home.

Having lunch.  Ewww, Stew is having mussell sandwiches.  I think I'll give that a miss.

I've decided to make a pavlova today.  I've not made one in years, and the store bought ones are just NOT the same as a home made one.

But right now, I'm gunna spray varnish on the first few finished tiles... just the ones that have been dry for over 5 days.  If you spray them too soon, the ink runs again.  That's a bloody disaster... I've tried it!  *smiles*  ðŸ˜‚💩

THE.  PAVLOVA.  IS.  IN. THE. OVEN.  I did it!  I baked.   


ABOVE: It worked!  And was delicious too.  Fresh peaches on the top ... yum yum.

I'm now watching Legally Blonde... chick flicks rock.

21 comments:

  1. I'm here in Rotorua. It's crap weather. Such a bummer! Blah....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate, it's the same here so we won't be coming over. Maybe tomorrow we will be in luck?

      Delete
  2. Hopefully! The blue sky is trying to win but it's a bit chilly and has rained overnight. Ha! Just as I type the SUN even came out!! Still.... blah sorta day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY NEW YEAR! January 4th, hehe, it's only January 3rd here, I think that's cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a little monkey Keera is, lol. It's amazing how fast they figure out it's not working for them though. Can't wait to see the whole collection of tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking Keera maybe having Night Terrors. One of my children had them and they hung around for a few weeks and then stopped. Have a read of this and see if you think it could be what Keera has. I'd try the nudge about 15 minutes before the usual time of screeming and see if that works. http://www.kidshealth.org.nz/nightmares-and-night-terrors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keera did indeed have 'NIGHT TERRORS' when she first moved in back in October, I took her to the Doctor as I was so concerned!

      But, she is perfectly settled now and her crying NOW is nothing like the night terrors she had back then.
      She is well aware of what she is doing, where she is, and who she's crying FOR. She is talking and awake.

      In a night terror, the child is not conscious, they are like dreaming in an extreme way.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous2:42 PM

    Perhaps something happened to Keera at night time and she is traumatised? By ignoring her crying, you are essentially teaching her that if she is reaching out for help, no one will help her. Your choice, but just be very aware of what it is you are teaching her. The lesson will be lifelong. I am pretty certain of your response to this comment, but for Keera's sake I felt I had to at least try. I say this as someone who did what Keera is doing, was told to bugger off back to bed, and as a result spent my entire childhood frozen in terror (and very very alone) every night. If a child is seeking attention, it is because they need attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've raised 9 kids. I think I know what I'm doing. I'm sorry you were adversely affected by your upbringing. Everyone is different.

      Delete
  7. The day has turned out quite nice! I lived with a toddler who used to cry and cry and become so upset he would make himself sick. We were so concerned about him.... in the end a nurse friend told us to leave him, let him sit in his sick if need be and see what happens. We did... and it was so awful.... but he never ever did it again. It was definitely all the trouble and attention he got. Kids can be very clever when they want to be!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. There's a clear difference between NEEDING 'help' and just being a little shit.

      Delete
  8. What in the world is PAVLOVA? You should take one of your sprayed tiles and put it to some heavy duty use in the kitchen to test its durability.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pavlova is a dessert made with whipped egg whites, castor sugar, little bit of vanilla essence, vinegar, water and cornflour. Comes out firm/crunchy on outside, like marshmallow on the inside. You have it with whipped cream and fruit on the top. It's a KIWI favourite! I will be testing out a tile, don't worry!

      Delete
  9. Anonymous6:16 PM

    Wow 15 tiles already get spraying and test one as a trivet for your place? Your house has been super uber busy and it doesn't take kiddies long to figure out "IF" they think they missing out. ( and the flipside of that) they soon learn no one is going to come. Taupo was perfect today. Got quite hot even. It's me Blondie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did one of the boys cry at night while they were staying there over Christmas?

    Mussel sandwiches yum! Pavlova yummy! Together no thanks haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep Dante did... he drove his parents nuts. Now he's home he's fine.

      Delete
  11. ummm that looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never heard of that. It's beautiful. I might have to search out a recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous8:03 AM

    What a delicious looking pavlova. I'm tempted to try again. Havent had much luck making them.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont recommend the Edmond cookbook recipe. Too dry.. not sweet enough and it flops down even when left in the oven to cool slowly.

      Delete
  14. I get my ringtone from that movie! The song "New Soul" by Yael Naim.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.