Friday, July 29, 2016

HOW CUTE

SO... last night I had a little job for Stew.

I wanted a bit of wood cut and put on the bottom of the tea trolley.

So I could use it for the dogs.  

???

Yeah, for the dogs.  


 ABOVE:  See?


ABOVE:  And they like it!  Now they have their own place overnight.  No more keeping anyone awake by wriggling, or jumping on and off the beds.

And no more Tallulah eating my rug!  YEAH!

I'm really happy with it, nice and tidy.

My plan for today is to visit a local plant nursery, to see if they have any decently priced fruit trees.

The previous owners of this home might be coming this weekend to remove the fig trees, and I want to have our own fruit trees to put in the holes, once the figs are gone.

I will also check out Mitre 10, they have a plant area too.  Not that I can remember seeing fruit trees last time I was there.  Wasn't looking for them, so no idea.

I know that Wairere Nursery out at Gordonton do have fruit trees, but from memory they were rather expensive.

I'm hoping to get two more feijoa trees, and maybe an orange, or mandarin.

So, apart from that, I'm just going to muck around the house... do a few jobs.  I'm not quite ready to start sewing yet.  I really want to have EVERYTHING done and settled in this new home and yard before I resume sewing.

I want to feel like it's OK to sit and sew, with no jobs hanging over my head.  Does that make sense?  *smiles*

We have been here 7 weeks today!  It doesn't feel like that long.  And in a couple of days it will be August.  Bloody hell.  Time flies, it really does.

ONWARD... 

10.29 am:  And I've had to shelve the garden centre for now.
The weather is atroucious!  Wild windy rain, coming from one direction one second, then switching to another direction the next!
It's horrible.  Worst weather so far since we moved here.

So, I'm pottering around the house doing odd jobs.
I'm putting a bit of net at the front door... will show you later.   


ABOVE:  From where I sit in the family room, I can see the front door... and that little window to the right of the door.

And I find it very disconcerting when someone comes to the door, and they can see me in the family room, before I come to the door.

I know that sounds weird, but it's just how I feel.  I don't like it!  So I did something about it.


ABOVE:  Now there is thick net there.  It still lets in the light, but people can't peer inside while waiting at the door. 
I feel much better about it now.

It's lunchtime now, so I will bugger off and find something to eat.

 Yeah... didn't do that after all.  There was a break in the weather, so I went outside and tied the new wrought iron seat to the fence.

The wind kept blowing it over, plus two of the deck chairs.  

Then I decided to bring in the Hobbit House... I was concerned the instructions would be getting wet, as the three boxes were sopping wet.


ABOVE:  unpacked and inside.  AND GUESS WHAT?

There are no bloody instructions!  How are we supposed to know how it goes together without freakin' instructions? 

I've emailed the supplier asking just that.

11.20 pm:  Hobbit Playhouse instructions are in the post... SCORE.
Dinner tonight was called 'get ya own'... lots of left overs on toast basically.
Waste not, want not eh?
Time for bed.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:35 PM

    7 weeks holy that has flown by, the net at the front great idea kinda voyerish someone looking in on proceedings. Hopefully sewing will come soon DON'T go looking for extra jobs though before you know it September will be here! Its me Blondie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree re the netting at the front door. Nothing worse!! Looks great there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure I'll be able to figure out how to put it together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think I'll put it in me sewing room and close the door! You can do it in a few weeks time.

      Delete
  4. I would be putting netting at the front door too.

    Sounds like 'leave it to Steve', he will save the Hobbit house.It looks easy enough with the panels pre made

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first thought was "Steve & Stew will be able to work it out" - challenge issued :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to seeing your hobbit house. If I ever make it to NZ maybe I can camp out in it? At 5' tall, I might just fit :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our Wunters are so boring here in Johannesburg South Africa, warm and sunny and dry, but love our summer thunder storms.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wellington weather has been wonderful. No storms down here. Love the dogs bed. So cute! Love your blog Chris!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.