Sunday, July 10, 2016

GARDENS AND FENCE

 TODAY it's all about the gardens and fence.
The guys set the posts in concrete yesterday afternoon, so today they can build the dog fence.

 ABOVE:  I found this huge flat rock in the garden, hidden behind some large plants.  I wanted it somewhere more visible... so Steve and Stew moved it for me.


 ABOVE:  Now it's here, and I love it.  When it's wet it looks even nicer.


 ABOVE:  Bex and I, and later on Griffin, pulled all the camellias out and re-homed them until the previous owners can pick them up.


 ABOVE:  It was a really easy job as they had only been in the garden a month or so.  I noticed a few of them are pink!  

Once they are taken away, I will have to think of what will be going in that garden.
They had some overgrown herbs and strawberries in it.


 ABOVE:  Archer was very interested in the lemon tree.  He picked a lemon... but we didn't let him try eating it.




ABOVE:  all my new plants are ready to get planted today.


ABOVE:  Stew found the spot for Willy The Waiter... now he just has to be fixed to the fence.

And that's all for now... catch ya later.

ONWARD...

10.38 am:  Well, while everyone was having waffles for breakfast, I nipped over to Wairere Nursery in Gordonton and got a few more plants for the gardens.
Now all we have to do is plant them. *smiles*

I think we should see some action on the fence building SOON... right now our builder is playing basketball on the driveway!  lol


12.19 pm:  And it's been a hive of industry here this morning.


ABOVE:  The 'builder' playing. ' tisk tisk'


 ABOVE:  Wee Archer watching out the lounge window.


 ABOVE: Fence building going on...


ABOVE:  And gardening.  Bex and I managed to plant all 25 new plants.




ABOVE:  I'm thrilled to bits with the gardens.  Now all those plants have to grow, then I can fill the gaps with more later on.

Lacy and Keera have gone into Hamilton to join Amanda and Co for a birthday lunch for Keera.  Keera is 4 tomorrow.

We are doing a little birthday dinner for Keera here tomorrow night.


ABOVE:  My gorgeous gate has a new home now too.  So, so glad we brought it with us.

Well it's been an awesome day.  I love it when things go to plan.
Steve, Bex and the boys have gone home to Auckland, Lacy and Keera are here for another night and tomorrow, Miss Muppet turns 4!

16 comments:

  1. The lemons in our garden in Ruawai are relatively sweet not like European ones which are very acidic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I have seen Willy the Water before. He must have a story. What's his story?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here in the Waikato, there is a brewery that sells 'Waikato Beer'. Willy is the 'logo' for Waikato Beer. When we lived in Palmerston North 8 years ago, I decided to make Stew a Willy The Waiter wall plaque for the garden. To represent where we consider HOME is. I cut the wood out with a jig saw, then painted him etc. Stew loved it, and still does. We both do. Now we are living back in the Waikato, so Willy came home. *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome post Chris. I love your planting and you've still got that beautiful gate. Well done to the builders and Bex and Griffin. How is Brierley. I bet it's painful and a pain not to be able to use it. The little boys are so cute, always so happy in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely garden shots and room to play move and relax, Waikato the real beer!...... Was certainly nice to see some sun that's for sure

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Archer is looking more like Bex these days. They are both georgous! What a wonderful family you have around you both and such a great relationship with Bex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, we are very lucky that Steve and Bex come down and give us a hand so often, and Bex is always asking what can she do to help me?

      Delete
    2. Not forgetting the Lacy has been quite helpful over the weekend too.

      Delete
    3. Go Lacy! I have three sons , two grandsons and one daughter in-law. Like all families , we all have a story ...however I'm forever thankful for each and every one of them no matter how hard it is sometimes. Cheers Jen

      Delete
  7. Anonymous6:10 PM

    Hi

    Great pics, I think Archer looks a lot like Bex too. Is the new house bigger than the Auckland house ?

    Cheers

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Auckland home was 200 square metres, this new home is 260 square metres. We have an extra 5th bedroom, and a much larger family/dining/kitchen room. We utterly LOVE this house! And the section is twice the size, and all on one level... the gardens are gorgeous.

      Delete
  8. Anonymous9:15 PM

    Yes, the house looks great and the gardens look lovely and nice place to spend time in..

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lemons in our garden in Ruawai are relatively sweet not like European ones which are very acidic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous12:37 AM

    Nice backside Stew! Just drop the pants for us, love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you have so much going on! I'm glad Lacy is helping out and can spend some time with you all. Archer is growing up so much. What a cutie, helping out in the garden already!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.