Monday, July 18, 2016

DOCTOR/WOF/HAIR APPOINTMENT

Well today I've got a few things I need to attend to.

- Make a Dr's appointment, I'm outta meds for blood pressure/cholesterol and hot flushes.

-  Take my car in for it's Warrant of Fitness, I've found a VTNZ here in Cambridge, so that's good.

- And I want to make an hair appointment at a salon here.  One of our neighbours told me of a good one here, so I shall give them a try.

- Oh yeah, I should make a Bank Appointment for Brylee too.  She needs an EFTPOS card.

AND I want to sew the binding on a couple of small mug rugs, so I can do the hand sewing tonight at the Patchwork get together.  It's being held at my immediate neighbour's home, so I have no excuse not to go!

I've also got WW tonight.  I expect a big gain after all the crap I've been eating.  

Nothing I can't turn around though.

ONDWARD...

Yaaa. My car has a new WOF and Rego for another year.
And I've been to the Dr's and picked up my prescriptions.
I also made an appointment for Stew, so he doesn't run out of pills like I did.

AND I have made an appointment for Brylee to see the bank at the end of the week.

Now all I want to do is get an hair appointment, but of course most salons are closed on a Monday eh?

Tomorrow... I will do that tomorrow.

For now... I'm looking forward to a quiet afternoon.

8.50 pm:  Weight Watchers tonight... I recorded a gain of 1.4 kilos.  Not quite as horrific as I thought it would be.
Then after that I came home and walked next door for the patchwork meeting.  That was lovely, I did some hand sewing while chatting to the other ladies.

I am so happy with how my efforts to 'fit in' to our new home town are going.  I had a really awesome yak with one of the WW's ladies tonight... I feel like we will become firm friends. 

AND there's at least 3-4 others in the group that are really lovely and talkative too.  I like people who actually TALK to you, instead of just nodding hello and that's it.

Same with the patchwork ladies.  So many of them are so nice.  

I may have only been here 5 weeks, but it already feels like home.

And on that note... I'm off to watch some TV with Stewy.

7 comments:

  1. When you go to the bank with Brylee, she will possibly need ID including something for proof of address!! I had major dramas with Siobhan when I tried to do the same thing, even though she actually had an account with them, to set up one for an EFT POS card was such a hassle. Luckily she has a bank account with another bank that sends paper statement sos we did have something to prove her address and they reluctantly accepted her Student ID as she does not have a passport - she was 15 FFS. Have fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily we have a birth certificate and some mail addressed to her here... so we should be set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you ever just rest, you're always on the go. Hopefully before your kids go back to school you will be have all your jobs done and you can relax. BTW how is Brylee's arm?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh course I rest! Heaps some days. But obviously it's a bit busier right now with still settling in. Brylee's arm is OK, she's in a sling for 3 weeks to stop it dislocating again. Then she has to be seen by an Orthopedic Surgeon to make sure there is no lasting damage. It's very uncommon for a kid to dislocate their shoulder just from throwing a ball, so it's worth checking out the structures of her shoulder to make sure there isn't a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For a minute I thought the title of your post says WOLF/HAIR APPOINTMENT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hairdresser in Dargaville is open on Monday and closed on Saturday! As for Ruawai its when she feels like opening or isn't too busy with the farm work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:12 PM

    I hate getting WOF done always think gawd what if there is something majorly that needs doing. Gee that gain was neither here nor there really and when you settle into a routine again very soon AND having to walk etc steps in the house it will melt off. Its me Blondie.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.