Tuesday, July 26, 2016

DECISION TIME

I thought I would show you the small, subtle changes Marty made to my family room:


 ABOVE:  'DINE' is now on the kitchen wall, and I moved a few other bits n bobs on the walls too.
The big glass jar really does look fab on that marble top unit!  Thanks Marty.

ABOVE:  The giraffe picture has been moved a few times now!

This afternoon I have my first hair appointment here in Cambridge.
And I'm aiming on making a big change.  Darker.  

Can't be looking like WHITE TRASH I suppose... as if!


But seriously, I do want to go a bit darker on top... the re-growth is doing my head in.  I've said it before... and I don't want to say it again... and again.

Before that though, I've got quite a bit of housework to get through.  The house needs a thorough vacum, and the window sills need washing.

As for the windows themselves!  OMG they are awful.  Whoever was paid to clean this house before we moved in should be SHOT.
They did an utter ratshit job.

I'm hoping to clean the windows in at least two rooms per day, till they are all done.

The outside of the windows will have to wait till the weekend.

So that's me for today... housework, then hair.

ONWARD...

I went out to get some calico to make a new design wall in my sewing room.


ABOVE: I got the calico... and as they were having a sale on many fabrics, I couldn't resist getting these batiks!

After that I came home to warm up before my hair appointment.

I hope the salon is warm!

AT THE HAIR SALON. IT'S NOT GOING WELL. SHE'S A DITHERER.... PUT BLONDE FOILS IN.... NOW REALISES I WANTED MORE DARK THAN BLOND. SO NOW SHE'S DOING DARKER BITS... NOT FEELING CONFIDENT AT ALL. MAYBE I CHOSE THE WRONG SALON.  


Worried now....


5.33 pm: Ever had a hairdresser ask YOU what she should do with your hair?

Like... how would I know?  She's the 'expert'!

Luckily, she decided to put a darker shade through the rest of my hair, after putting blonde foils through it!  And it came out EXACTLY how I wanted it to!


Can't tell you how relieved I am... it's now much darker, not too many blonde highlights.  It's still a bit damp, so I will get it dry and straighten it, and get a decent photo tomorrow morning to show you.


Right now I have to get dinner on and so on.  No time to fuss with me hair.


Nice evening... watched TV.  Bloody tired though, didn't sleep well at all last night. Hoping to get a decent night's sleep tonight.


12 comments:

  1. Your home really is beautiful! fingers crossed all goes well with your new hairdresser :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people are so rude, they need to make an official complaint to their parents for not teaching them any manners. Clearly the anon commenter has not only appalling manners, but has obviously never met you in person. You always look very well put together and certainly no trace of any white trashy look going on with you Chris. Definitely a classy dresser and always well presented, so shows how little they can pick up from a photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said - AND if anyone wants to look like white trash - or any other sort of trash for the matter what damn business is it of nosy "anons"?

      Delete
  3. Anonymous2:22 PM

    cant wait to see your new hair :-) & no, you don't look like white trash (rather idiotic comment I thought.........)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the gates Steve made for the dogs. Could he explain how he made them? What size wood and how they attach to the walls? Wanting hubby to make us some for our 3 pups.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last post was quite the cliff hanger. I hope your hair turns out lovely! I am sure it will. Pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope hair is ok perhaps this one will be a freebie before you even start

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe you just scared the hell out of her and she did't want to bugger it up so thought she should see if you had a definite idea of how it should be done :-). At the end of the day, it looks like she has come through - looking forward to the photos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get very nervous when I go to a new hairdresser but I have luckily found a great one here who does a fantastic cut. Glad she got it right in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those batiks, particularly the red and yellow pattern. Glad the hair turned out ok!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's very nice, you could be an interior designer! everything you do, you do extremely well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous1:52 PM

    DINE is perfect in that space I love how the lights highlight everything the house is looking amazing. Going to a new hairdresser is a challenge but when you find the right one its a pleasure.Its me Blondie

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.