Sunday, July 24, 2016

ATTIC LADDER....

Well... today, finally, we might just get the attic ladder installed.

That's if our builder can drag his sorry butt outta bed!  He and Bex stayed out fairly late last night... though I don't blame them.

It was the first time they had gone out on a 'date' night in forever.

Stew and I know how that feels.  We still don't go out, just the two of us, hardly ever.

But, we are perfectly happy to stay at home.

While Steve is doing the attic ladder, I hope Stew will get the post in the ground for our pig weather vane to go on.

Once that is done, he can move the new big pot into it's place in the garden.   And assemble the other thing we bought yesterday.

Once it's done,  I will be able to show you what 'IT' is.  *smiles*

JACQUI:  I know you just LOVE  to see what I have bought lately... so, hang in there.  You will see soon.  lol

I am going down to Mitre 10 to get some wood to make a couple of gates for inside the house, to keep the dogs out of the lounge and bedrooms.  So, I will be busy too.

Bex can just look after the kids and behave! lol

I'm going to make scones with jam and cream for lunch... YUM!

So, that's the plan for today.


 ABOVE:  Granddad getting Archer off to bed last night. 


 ABOVE:  The fairy lights taken with no flash on the camera.  It shows them up better.  I really love how it looks.


ABOVE:  Steve bought this onesie for Bex, but he wears it!

ABOVE:  I think it suits him.  

ONWARD...

BUSY BUSY.

First up, Bex's brother Chris came over to visit, he and his fiance Anna.

Lots of yakking and laughing.


ABOVE:  so thankful for such a large driveway!

 ABOVE:  The other thing we purchased yesterday.  A cute little wrought iron seat.  I will have to make a squab for it.


ABOVE:  like it Jacqui?


 ABOVE:  Finally getting the big pot out of the car...


 ABOVE:  Stew had put a big paver down in the garden to sit it on...


ABOVE:  in place.... it looks amazing!  Now that corner garden does not look empty.

 ABOVE:  Chris helping Steve with cutting the hole for the attic ladder.

We have all stopped for lunch... which is hot scones, jam and cream.

And after lunch, more jobs were done, finished, and we are so thankful, yet again, to Steve and Bex for all their help.

I cooked beef pie for dinner, which everyone loved.  Steve, Bex and the boys have now left for home.

We have settled down for a quiet evening.  It's been a busy weekend!


8 comments:

  1. Waaaaahhhhh. I NEED to see it now!!!!!!!!!! I came on specially. 😞

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:13 PM

    Woah I was way off with my guess then lol, Funny how your friend came and rearranged because there will be a lot of that going on for awhile yet and EVERYTHING will be so that pot looks great there and the wrought iron seat gorgeous you will be glad when all is done and you can sit relax enjoy or look out and enjoy and fine tune last little things. You are nearly there it is all looking so fabulous. It's me Blondie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are your scones different to ours? Like ones you would have for a high tea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Flour, baking powder, grated butter and cheese, milk. Put all in bowl, mix... toss on bench, pat into shape, cut into squares and cook in oven at 200 degrees C for 20 minutes. BOOM! Done. I add a shit load of tasty cheese and only a little bit of butter. They always come out AMAZING!

      Delete
    2. I've never had them with cheese. :)

      Delete
  4. Yummmm, I have not made scones in ages. Might be next weekend lunch I think ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum scones! Our favourite's are the Lemonade Scones 3 cups SR flour, 1 cup of cream 1 cup of Lemonade -Best Scones EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME pot and bench, love them!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.