Monday, June 06, 2016

ANNIVERSARY

It's our 29th Wedding Anniversary today.  The BIG 30 next year!  I'm planning a trip away for Stew and I next year.  It will be our 2nd 'real' holiday for just the two of us, lasting more than 2 days!  I'm really looking forward to that.

NOW ...

Today is going to be a day to do all the odd jobs we have had to leave till the last week.

Weather permitting, Stew will mow these lawns for the last time.
Then he has to sort out his garden shed and the store room under the house.

Once that is done, all we have to do is pack our bags/food etc on Tuesday night and wait for the packers to arrive on Wednesday!

WOW WOW WOW.... it is getting really close now. 

We will probably pop down to Bunnings to pick up the netting to keep the dogs in the new yard too.  And price the drop down garage attic door too.  We didn't get to do that the other day.

I'm sure there are a few other jobs I've forgotten.  But as I remember them, I will write them down and get to them eventually.

OH shit.  I just remembered one.  CLEAN. THE. OVEN.

Months ago I got it cleaned by a cleaning company.  Not doing that again, I shall just do it myself.  I've tried not to do too much in it over the past few months so it shouldn't be too dirty.  (fingers crossed)


NOT. LONG. NOW !

Two more sleeps in this house, then two sleeps in a motel... then we will be sleeping in OUR NEW HOME!  

ONWARD...

TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK.... so much to do!  And so much has to be left till tomorrow night.  Frustrating.  Want it over.

We just bought the wire netting for the fence, to keep the dogs in.  It's one big job waiting to be done asap once we get to Cambridge.

Luckily it is fine today, Stew will be able to get the lawns mown.  Big relief as they are long enough to make hay!

You know when you have a job to do... but you really DON'T want to do it?  So you do every other job you can find to put it off?  Yeah.
Been doing that all day.

But.  I am going to pat myself on the back... cos I JUST CLEANED THE FRIGGIN OVEN.

Massive hate to do it job.

I looked in the oven at our new home yesterday.  It looked like it had never been used!  SCORE!


 ABOVE:  Brylee and I have packed up 90% of what was left in the kitchen this afternoon!  I'm thrilled how much we got done.

ABOVE: Everywhere you look.... boxes, boxes.


Something tells me I'm going to be seeing boxes for quite some time.

Stew's finally getting the lawns done.  I've got a pot of beef stew simmering, it's got all the veges in it too... a one pot dinner tonight.

Well... we got a heck of a lot accomplished today.  Both Stew and I are knackered now!
Stew's just gone to bed and I won't be too long hitting the sack either.  

15 comments:

  1. I think a trip away for you two sounds like a wonderful 30th Anniversary idea. Happy Anniversary for today, that's a great achievement. I look forward to reading about your new home - I bet your blog will be full of what you're up to... if you get time - you'll be so busy! How exciting, I'm thrilled for you all and hope the kids settle into their new school well too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:01 AM

    Congratulations on your 29th - it is our 52nd today. All the best people get married on the Queen's birthday, lol. For us in England, it was D-Day parade and my then fiancé was in the British Army;, the RSM tried to stop our wedding (couldn't but froze our bank account!!). We went to Austria on our honeymoon with 7 pounds in our pocket!! Audrey, Rotorua

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations you are an awesome couple and deserve every happiness. Love you lotz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary Chris & Stew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary to you both . It was our 30th last year and DH went to his annual Fishing Competition, I stayed home sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary to a wonderful couple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lorraine1:50 PM

    Happy Anniversary Stew & Chris.29 yrs we have just celebrated 51 yrs in March.Have a great day.x

    Southgirl x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary! 23 for us tomorrow. We have no plans.

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy anniversary beautiful ppl

    ReplyDelete
  10. well when the oven has been cleaned you know its final days and HAPPY anniversary no more weekends in Auckland !!!!! unless visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversay! Happy packing! Happy sorting! Happy mowing! Happy moving! Happy day! Happy Chris! 😀

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary, It would have been my 30th tomorrow....ah well such is life. Hope youve had a lovely day x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy anniversary to you both. I'm very impressed with how organised you are towards your move - I would totally suck at moving if we had to!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Belated Happy Anniversary. Hope you find some time to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.