Tuesday, May 24, 2016

WILL I, WON'T I?

I mentioned last night that we have drafted an email to the Estate Agent who we were working with prior to us going it alone and finding our own new home.

She added a clause into a contract that almost meant we had to go through with the purchase of a leaky home.  

The email just details how we felt about what she had done to us by adding a clause that was not in our best interests...  in a purely factual way.

But try as I might, I just don't feel comfortable sending it.
I'm not sure why?   Perhaps because it is now 'in the past', and we have moved on.  

Yet I still want her to know what she did to us.

Grrrrrr.  I just don't like confrontation, and sending the email might cause a backlash?

*sigh*... I will just have to wait till it feels right to send it I suppose.

Today is earmarked for phone calls.  To organise final power readings, disconnection of SKY TV, internet and so on... and re-connection in Cambridge once we get there.

There's quite a list of calls to make.


I also want to get the floor plan of the new house printed out and enlarged, so when the movers are taking everything into the  new house they just need to look on the 'map' for where to put things.  


I've done this before and it works really well.  I stand at the front door, see what's coming in and tell them "Bedroom 1, 2, Lounge, Kitchen" and so on.


It sure helps having moved over 2 dozen times in my adult life.


Slowly but surely everything is falling into place.  Steve is going to take a couple of days off work to help with the move too... which will be great. 

Once we get to Cambridge, the guys will get everything out of our storage units in Hamilton, then the fun will begin.  I can't wait to see all my fabric again... how sad is that!

ONWARD...

Yeah... I'm going to stick with the old saying "If in doubt, don't".
I will not send the email.  I'm sure she knows just how bad we felt about the whole fiasco.

Bex and the boys stopped in this morning.  Bex had taken Dante to the Doctor because he's got the cough like me and Stew.  They have him Antibiotics and an inhaler.  Hopefully it helps.

I'm now going to do all those phone calls....fun.

IT. ISN'T. FUN.  I can't believe how long it's taken to get our power/phone/sky tv disconnected on the 10th of June, and reconnected again at our new address!

Why is 'HOLD' music such shit?  *sigh*
I almost want to scream, it's been that bloody annoying.

8.51 pm:  quite glad today is over.  I got heaps done though... I was on the phone for HOURS getting things sorted for our move.

Looking forward to me bed tonight.  Stew put our winter duvets on the bed last night, so cosy.  We have two... one for him and one for me, no fighting over the blankets in this house. *smiles*

19 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about sending your concerns of what happened to the real estate people who set all the riles, sorry don't know what they are called just to voice your disappointment in what happen so maybe they can ensure others don't do it? Exciting times ahead, love the idea of the floor plan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd probably just skip the letter, water under the bridge and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would look very carefully at your email and perhaps rewrite it so that it is in no way confrontational. Get a second opinion on it if needed. She needs to be told but it does not need to be in any way nasty. How you word it is vital - make it business like and not "angry". There is absolutely nothing wrong with letting her know how this affected you and how wrong it was to put that clause in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Lynda, I don't think she should get away with what she did to you scott free, you don't want anyone else to go through what you did. Make the letter business like & factual.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes it's enough to write the email or letter, but not send it. What's the point unless there is something to be gained from it. Its history, and you now have a house that you love - let it go, and focus on your new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:29 AM

      I agree with Athene, sometimes it is enough to get your thoughts (and angst) on paper (or email). If you send it, you can't get it back. At least you have come out of it all with a house that you are going to love. I can't imagine the agent will make that mistake again! Audrey

      Delete
  7. Anonymous11:40 AM

    I agree, don't make more stress for yourself, as you have doubts yourself. She knows you were not happy. Just move on and enjoy your new home.

    Cheers

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd tell her! And say that you do not want communication back from her. Actually, I'd send it to her boss and let him know the agency missed out on money from you.
    You know what trouble you would be in if you hadn't been able to get out of it???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure do! I will discuss it with Stew tonight, and have already drafted an email to her boss.

      Delete
  9. I hope that the "fun" isn't just beginning when all the utilities companies bugger up the instructions you have spent the better part of today sorting out :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They better not stuff it up! I want the move to go hassle free.

      Delete
  10. I agree with 'not so cranky '

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! But then I am also a wuss who hates confrontation so would probably not do anything :-)

      Delete
  11. I spent six hours on the phone last week - on hold mostly. I sympathise :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh hold music and then wait for having to REPEAT yourself more than once to several diferent people ugh! That's a great idea re the floor plan and moving very helpful, JUST think your crafty hobbies and knick knacks would go well in Cambridge as a stall I bet!! of course once you have settled.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh and for the record I would send it ( after re reading etc) because it lets her bosses know how you felt about her unethical behavior and yes THEY missed on a sale and you won't be recommending them...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol me and gordy have our own blankets to

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on purchasing your new home. Looks like a lovely place to live. All the best for the big move.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.