Monday, February 29, 2016

CAR TROUBLE

Stew's car is playing up again.
So he took today off work and is dropping his car into the garage first thing this morning.

This kinda works out well as we have a Real Estate Agent from another company coming to talk to us this morning.  Hopefully she can give us some answers/opinions on our house selling predicament.
And if she sounds like a good option, we will be trying to get out of our 'Exclusive Contract' with our current Agent ( the contract is due to expire on March 31st).

So, a lot could happen today.

If we do decide to change agencies, and can get out of the contract, we will probably take a 2-3 week 'break' from marketing.  We feel we need that.  It's been full on for 9 months now and I'm just run ragged.  And I'm not the only person stressed to the max over this.  Stew is too.  

He hasn't said too much over the months about how stressed out he is, but I know he is.  It is incredibly hard on him having to cope with a new, very stressful job, commute daily and still 'be here' for me and the kids.

I wish this bloody nightmare would end.



On a happy note, today one of my dearest friends celebrates her 13th or 14th birthday?  She's a bit younger than me, and is a Grandmother! lol
Being born on the 29th of February sure sucks if you only celebrate your birthday on the 'actual day'!  *smiles*

***HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANDRA***

ONWARD...

SHOCK... horror!  The 'new' Estate Agent thinks we should 'stage' the living rooms too.

I am really surprised.  But we have had the reasons pointed out more clearly by Mary and can see where she's coming from.

She also thinks our price expectations are BANG ON, and we should not go lower.  That's a comfort.

So, IF we can get out of our Exclusive Contract with The Professionals, we will be going with the new Agency and moving forward.

 I have a massive headache.... not surprising actually.  So stressed out over this.  Not just the upheaval, but the cost!  It's going to cost us SO MUCH to get this re-staged, re-marketed and so on.  Hemorrhaging money. 

It's been a long day.  Very wet too.  Kids arrived home from school looking like drowned rats.

There's been some interesting comments today.  Some not so helpful, in fact some made me feel I share too much.
Must think about that.

Glad it's bedtime.

24 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry for all of the stress you guys are going through. You get your hopes up and they go down and you do all this work. On the bright side - I wish my house was as clean as yours is. ~smile~ But, I'll just have to dream on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even if you cannot get out of the agreement with the current agent, just refuse to have any more open homes for the next month, viewings by appointment only and use that as a bit of a rest period so you can sign up with the other agent once this one runs out.

    Has she given you any idea on what she thinks will work for the lounge? It may not be as expensive as you think if you can use some of your existing stuff .

    Poor Stew, this has been so stressful for all of you but hopefully it will be over soon. Now that other things have settled down with other matters hopefully that will alleviate some of the stress on him as well.

    I have a friend who lives in Karaka and her husband does that same commute and prefers it to having to drive into Auckland and it isn’t much longer time wise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a stressful time for you all. Shame you can't move to Hamilton and rent whilst this house is on the market

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't afford to rent AND pay the mortgage/rates/etc here in Auckland.

      Delete
  4. Sending out good thoughts and prayers that your house will sell and SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wah!.... sooooo stressful for you. Hope it sells v v v soon xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it going to be finaccily worth the while to get out of contract a month isn't all that long. Would it be worth just not having open days for that month and play it by ear so to speak. I personally think your house is marketed as a home not a show book and it's beautiful the way it is. I'm pleased the other agent agree with your pricing I wonder if the lady in red had anything to do with his suggestion of a drop. Has he got her on his books too or am I just over suspicious type

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AS far as I know, it won't cost us anything to get out of the contract. But, we are still waiting to find out if they will release us. More stress.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous4:51 PM

    Can't you at least try a few open homes before re-staging? That doesn't make any sense to me. Your house is picture perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Try a few open homes before re-staging'? We have had Open Homes for almost 9 months... something has to change now. Not just the agency.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous11:55 AM

      I'm sorry. I meant with the new agent. I think your home is beautiful and tasteful. That's why I am surprised by the idea.

      Delete
  8. Anonymous6:00 PM

    It must be really annoying think I'd go around the bend having to deal with all that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going around the bend... AND THEN SOME! *smiles*

      Delete
  9. Anonymous6:49 PM

    Hi

    Maybe you should just rent a house and rent yours out....it is a lovely house maybe you want to come back there at a later date anyway ?

    Cheers

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't want to rent, we want to sell and buy and settle permanently in Hamilton. It is our 'home' town and where the majority of our kids live. Also, renting our Auckland home and having to deal with rental issues and so on is not only stressful, but can be a nightmare.

      Delete
  10. Anonymous8:34 PM

    Houses sell at the right price it would have sold by now if it is the right price. Maybe you need to review your price and look at buying something a bit cheaper in Hamilton. Like you mentioned before a while ago it's a plaster house and that's a negative as well. Can you put a price on Stus health and yours 9 months is a long time to have a house on the market and would take its toll on any person. Sometimes it's better to cut your looses and move on. You don't really need a huge house anymore especially if most of your kids live in Hamilton. I am sure you can still get something nice in Hamilton for $60,000 less.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:55 PM

    Hey Anon, your opinion I guess, but probably not helpful! Chris and Stew will make decisions for themselves and their family that are right for them. We only see a snapshot of their lives, they live it. What would be helpful would be support, understanding and an ear when they need it. The best of luck Chris and Stew with the next open for inspection.
    Pascal from Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:03 PM

      Anon is only being honest - and I agree with them. Take less money and buy a 4 bedroom house in Hamilton. There is no price you can put on your mental health.

      Delete
    2. Penny9:53 PM

      Can someone tell me what is such an issue with a plaster house? Is it just the association with leaky building syndrome? I know that is not a small thing, but surely can be addressed with the satisfactory paperwork? I say this as someone who bought a house not up to the building code, but with full knowledge of what it would take to fix it and bring it up to code. I am sure Chris and Stew's house is not in this category - but people big enough to buy houses need to be aware of issues but not put every house in the same category. Besides, if they were really put off by the plaster why would they go into the open homes?

      I see the point about the mental health issue, but I also think giving in without trying another agent is likely to drive them bonkers too!

      A break from open homes sounds like a great idea - both for the family's sanity and from a break in the advertising before re-marketing it.

      Delete
    3. Penny9:55 PM

      But of course, I am sure Chris and Stew are weighing up all the options and it is their choice to make, ultimately! Good luck guys, you have our sympathy xo

      Delete
  12. by appointment only sounds ok too, then the other agent would have to pull finger if they want the sale eh?gee does that mean you have to move all your stuff out of the house? what a pain in the butt that would be, Fingers crossed for car problems house worries and your well being....

    ReplyDelete
  13. I guess it is time to bury a statue of St. Joseph in the front garden.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear about your troubles with the house. Hope you can sell it without putting tons of money to stage etc.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck! I hope the house sells soon. I can't even imagine having to deal with all that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks if you leave a comment. All comments will be moderated, so you may have to wait to see your comment published. I will publish them as and when I can. Thanks.