Sunday, August 02, 2015

3RD OPEN HOME TODAY

Well... this is our new 'normal' Sunday.

Get up and do all the housework, get the house all tidy and 'dressed' for Open Home at 2 pm.

At least it's getting easier and faster to get it done now.

The laundry looks so good without the dryer in there!
So much roomier.  And the walls have come up good after painting them.
It was good to get the floor cleaned under the washing machine too... I still can't believe how freakin' ikkky it was under there!

We will probably go and visit Steve, Bex and the boys while our Open Home is on, like last weekend.
Dante loves seeing us after all!  *smiles*

So, I shall wrap up for now and get my 'a' into 'g', and go get this house all spic 'n' span.

ONWARD...

Done. Open home is on in 5 minutes. Stew, the kids and dogs have gone to Steve n Bex''s.  I'm parked down the road waiting until it's over.

2ND OFFER HAS FALLEN OVER.  They couldn't get the finance apparently.  It would have been an 'investment' property and they didn't have enough of a deposit.  I wish they had done their sums before taking it this far.

So, we are back to square one.  And I'm gutted, as is Stew.

End of Day: we had 5 groups through the house today.  So that's better than none.
Calling it a night.  I'm wrung out and upset.
nite nite

19 comments:

  1. Wow. So busy and stressful! I've never owned an house and with the market today I probably never will so I can't imagine the stress levels. :) Good luck with the selling and hunting. Hope it goes well for you. Yes, babies could be a very good distraction for you.

    PS Thanks for your lovely comment. We're all patched and good. She's my younger sister so I forgave her transgression. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you move to Hamilton, then we will both live in Hamilton on opposite sides of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go to Bex & Steve's you knob, skulking down the road isn't going to do you any good.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Oh that is gut wrenching. Feeling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel for you Chris. I cant understand why they didnt have their finances before letting things get this far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear the news.. Sending positive thoughts your way and someone today just fell in love with your home. Martine xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear today's news - hopefully one of the parties that viewed your house will be the future lucky owners. Disappointing for you all though that you have to wait that much longer before you can buy your new dream home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry, fingers crossed for your Open House today xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrible trouble commenting with iPad

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well that bloody sucks. I know it feels like it has been forever and with Stew having to commute it makes it harder but really it hasn't been that long. The Auckland market is boyant at the moment and your buyers are out there, it is just taking them a couple of weeks to get to your place. As for the previous buyers, if they didn't have their finance sorted and figures all done then they are not going to be very successful property investors - sound more like tyre kickers to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how utterly annoying hang in there matey as the people come through the right buyer will happen along . feeling for you at this stressful time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dam shit f*#k blast.... how upsetting. ... really wanted it to go through... hopefully you get another offer from todays open home. .....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no, sorry about the offer :( I'll keep my fingers crossed you get another from todays open home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Penny1:56 AM

    So sorry Chris, it is so stressful for you both to go through that and you don't need it. I think it is a good move not to go looking just now to save yourself disappointment. It really sucks. Good luck with today, hope you get some good news soon. Penny xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous2:21 PM

    so sorry to hear Chris :-( :-( :-(

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can not believe that BOTH house offers fell through. What a fiasco! Hoping the house sells quickly. I am certain it will. It is clean and flawlless, and cute and in a great location! I know it's stressfuul for you - but you are doing all the right things! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hang in there, I am sure something will come along for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. what kind of morons jump into putting an offer on a place without FIRST sorting out their finances. I would be super disappointed to. In the past I have had real estate agent question my 'financial position' prior to putting in an offer and even said that they were asking to ensure that the finances were more a formality as they only wanted to show the home to 'qualified buyers' so were basically telling me not to waste their time if I wasn't able to buy. Now that I've sold a few houses over the years, I think what the agent did was a good thing as there seems to be way to many tire kickers out there who are just dreaming about buying and just muck everyone around in the process.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.