Sunday, March 29, 2015

HANG A GATE?

Today I'm going to suggest to Stew that we have a go at getting started on hanging our gate.

That just means getting the big post and concreting it in place.  Then we can go from there.

It's not like I expect the entire fence and gate to be built and hung TODAY.  *smiles*

Though they must know I actually want it all done YESTERDAY!

Seriously, I'm not the most patient person around.  BUT... OMG I've had to learn to bite my tongue and be patient.  

I haven't been able to do a hot wash in my washing machine in MONTHS and MONTHS.... cos a certain part was broken.

Steve got a new part for it WEEKS ago...


ABOVE:  There it is.  I pinned it on the Family Room Wall.  So it wouldn't be lost before getting installed.  

And .. ummm... cos I wanted Steve to see it and eventually remember to fit it.  
Still waiting.

I  KNOW  he's a busy man... he works 6 days a week an' all.  But I live in hope he will find the time to do it.  Like.  Soon.

Love ya Steve.  *smiles*

So, back to the fence.  Stew is perfectly capable of doing it.  It's not a complicated design or anything!  And I can help... like... supervise.

With a whip.

Going now... the day awaits.

ONWARD...

Well... Stew and I have done the grocery shopping, it wasn't too bad in the supermarket, for a Sunday!

Then the guys stood outside and nutted out the fence/gate plans.
After lunch Stew is going to buy the post and concrete, and then dig a HUGE, DEEP hole.  *smiles*
I can't find me whip.


 ABOVE:  Contemplation

 ABOVE:  How heavy?  39.05 kgs!
HEAVY

 ABOVE:  Almost ready...

ABOVE:  The first sod dug.

And now the poor buggers are digging... and the ground is rock hard and full of rocks.
I feel bad.  

The FINAL of the Cricket World Cup is on in 2 hours.  I hope they stop to watch it, I don't want that on my conscience!

We lost the Cricket World Cup.  The guys are gutted.  Personally, I could care less.  

End of Day:  a neat day, so happy that the gate post is in!
Now the concrete has to set then the gate can be hung.

Easter might be when that happens.

nite nite

4 comments:

  1. Supervise with a whip!!!.... sounds a bit like how I run my house!!!! xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope they were done on time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee that's a blimmin heavy gate, at this rate they are not going to miss out on much cricket!!!lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:18 PM

    nice gate!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.