Sunday, May 11, 2014

NO HOPEFULLY ABOUT IT, ....

I AM SLEEPING IN!

Today's post is brought to you in the form of a 'forward' post.  

Cos... as I said, I'm sleeping in!

Today, once I get up, I expect to have 'HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY' said to me a few times.  Maybe a text or two.  But that's about all.  It's just another day for me really, and I am sure I won't hear from some me kids, cos I know I'm not really on their radar at all.



The only thing I am sure of today is that Stew and I will be doing the grocery shopping.  How bloody exciting.

Steve and Bex are going out to Pokeno,  to the market.  Bex is dying to get her hands on some of that cheap wool.  I don't expect them home for much of the day.  Unless Dante isn't well still.   He went to bed last night with a temperature, but not too miserable.

Kelly is coming up from Hamilton today too.

So, that's all for now.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all the mother's in the world, we deserve a special day!  And a Spotlight Gift Voucher???  lol

ONWARD...

NO SLEEP IN.  

NO SPOTLIGHT VOUCHER yet! 
Stew, B & G got me this:


ABOVE:  I've wanted on of these ever since I saw them advertised on the TV.  Yaaa!  I'm sure it will get lots of use.

LORI:  Happy Mother's Day to you too.  And no, the grocery shopping is NOT done yet.

JUDITH:  It's to smooth the skin on ya feet.  I have a couple of patches where the skin is thicker and dry, and that thing is supposed to get all the dry skin off.
I can't wait to try it. 

Kelly and Rena arrived late morning, and gave me a lovely gift:


ABOVE:  Pretty earrings, bracelet, and.... A SPOTLIGHT GIFT CARD!   Yeah.  Thanks Kelly and Rena.

We have done the grocery shopping, and it's all put away.  Such a relief when it's all done.

End of Day:  it's been a busy, but nice day.  I eventually heard from all of my 6 kids, which was lovely.
spent the evening on me computer and watching telly.  
A new series has started called 'Broadchurch', it's an 8 part programme, and it looks good.  Yaaa, something decent to watch on a Sunday night!
nite nite

8 comments:

  1. Hope your having a great Mothers Day Sis. By now you would have done the exciting grocery shopping ha ha ha. Me, well its only 7.25am here. No calls as yet. Have been miserably sick as all hell, first time in 15plus yrs with flu. Hope rest of day goes well for you and kids cook for you blah blah blah.
    Oh and its your turn to call or Skype.
    Love Ya lil Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is that weird looking thing? Is it a foot massager? Can't beat a foot massage. Happy mothers day, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris let me know how that works out as I have been looking at getting one my feet aren't bad I know someone who has one and their feet are terrible ( didn't help them) but mine aren't tragic. (yet) I hope you are all out enjoying sunshine and that you have A LOVELY MOTHERS DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your Mothers Day was happy! Looks like your ahead of us on the clock. I'm fixin to go to bed and ours is tomorrow. I have no high expectations. Just happy to get the tomato plants in and progress on our painting. That's good enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy mother's day to you Chris. You deserve it. I personally dislike Mothers Day. It puts so much pressure on everyone to make it a good day for mothers and on mothers to enjoy it. If only we have a let mothers sleep as much as they want and nobody to bug them day, that will be great! And I had better call my mother to wish her a happy mothers day or i'm going to get hell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:04 AM

    Happy Mothers Day Chris. I'm so glad all six of your children did contact you. You deserve lots of love and respect as you are an amazing selfless person. I see you always putting other people ahead of yourself. I hope Dante is feeling better.
    Kym/Australia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you enjoy Broadchurch, it was filmed in and around where I was born and spent the 1 st 5yrs of my life. I love that area very much and had a very strong West Country accent until I started school in South a London when sadly I lost the accent very quickly in order to conform with my classmates.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete