Thursday, April 17, 2014

COCO AND THE KID... AND SOME MORE KNITTED BLOCKS

Well... I said I would show you how good Coco looks after her groom... so here she is:

WITH THE KID...


ABOVE:  she's looking a bit worried about that kid being so close...

 ABOVE:  she shouldn't have been though, all he wanted to do was cuddle and kiss her.  He loves the dogs.

We don't let him get that close to Teddy though, Teddy does not like him very much, and does not have as much tolerance as Coco.  While I don't know if Teddy WOULD bite Dante, I'm not taking the chance.

We keep a very close eye on Teddy and Dante when they are in the same room.  It's just common sense eh?

Now, I made two more blocks last night, and have done about half of the next one too.

Remember the first three I did the other day?  All exclusively using that multi-coloured wool?  I didn't like them, so I unpicked them and will add the wool to new blocks, like that one on the right above.  It's much nicer mixed up with other colours.

LYNDA:  Nope, I'm not making a felted floor rug either.


Dumm... dee... dooo.  The list of 'guesses' is getting rather long!  And NO ONE has guessed right yet either.  Even the family don't know what I'm making!


It's fun reading all the ideas.  


It's the last day of Term 1 for the kids ... they now have all up, including Easter, a 17 day break from school.  Stew is taking a few days off too, so we have him home for 10 days.  I will enjoy that.


ONWARD...


SUE:  No, Teddy isn't 'dangerous', but he has shown he does not appreciate being around young children.  He growls if the toddlers pull his hair or hold him ... so we are, of course, super careful that Dante and Keera are not left alone with him. 


More often than not, when the toddlers are up/around, we confine the dogs to a separate part of the house.  

It is always better to be aware, and not put a child OR Teddy in a potentially risky situation.  It is not fair to put Teddy in a risky situation either.


I have been in a situation where a dog has menaced me, and attacked the woman walking with me... so I am VERY afraid of dogs too... just not my own of course.


I am sorry you have been attacked by a dog Sue, and can totally understand why you are afraid of dogs!


Overnight and today we are getting battered with heavy rain and wind, it's the tail end of Cyclone Ita, which caused so much damage in Queensland, Australia and the Soloman Islands in the past 10 days or so. 

It certainly is the worst weather we have had this year I think.

Doesn't look good for a nice Easter Weekend that's for sure.


Oh well, we might just have to stay inside and ... um... sew and knit!  lol


I'm getting really crabby.  I'm knitting a particular pattern and it's just NOT working out!

I've unpicked it twice already, and the third attempt still isn't right.  Grrrr.
So much wasted time.

I'm not sure if I can be arsed doing it again... maybe I will move onto a different one?

Yep, might just do that.

At least the weather has cleared up a bit after such stormy weather this morning!  OMG I just realised it's almost 2 pm!   I have literally spent the past 3 hours on one stuffed up pattern.


I just checked the instructions I copied down for that pattern last night.

LESSON LEARNT.  Don't try writing down complicated patterns at midnight.  You can get it wrong.
So wrong.

At least now I know why it wasn't working.  DOH.


I.  Might. Give. It. Another. Go.  Cos I'm pig headed.


CHRISTINE:  that picture has been there for MONTHS!  lol

DEE: Ah not a bad idea, but NO.  I'm not making a swatch book either.  Yes, I am doing all different patterns, cos I like the challenge.

BELLA:  Brylee's skirt is staying exactly as it is right now.  She doesn't DESERVE to have it raised right now.  

When she can keep her fists and her smart mouth to herself at school,  I might reconsider shortening it for her.

CRANKY:  trust YOU to think of that.  And... NOPE.  Wrong again.

I just ruined dinner.  I was making a Teriyaki Chicken to put over rice.  But when I taste tested it... OMG!  REVOLTING!  I don't know what went wrong.
Steve is trying to resurrect it.  If he does and it's edible, kudos goes to him for saving it.

If it doesn't work, we are having crumbed sausages and veges 'n' rice for dinner.

It's not very often that I kill the dinner I must say.  But kill it I did.

End of Day:  Well... Steve managed to save the dinner.  So, crumbed sausages for tomorrow night's dinner then. *smiles*
It's been a quiet evening here, just watching telly and knitting.
nite nite

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:06 AM

    Is Teddy that dangerous? Please be careful of him because dogs tend to attack if not properly supervised. It happened to me as a child, I got bitten when I was really little by a family member's dog. Apart from the shock, I have had a fear of all dogs ever since. I know it's stupid, a 52 year old woman literally petrified of dogs, but it's true. I have never, ever been able to get over it. It's a shame, but that is how it is, I'm afraid.
    Regards, Sue Kelly, Northern Ireland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:35 AM

    Hi it's me, I am also visiting this web site daily, this site is in fact good and the viewers are genuinely
    sharing good thoughts.

    Also visit my website :: kona coffee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:43 AM

    I too am afraid of dogs but i have 2 pitbulls crossed with something else have had them since i think they were 4 weeks as i found them abandon in a park. I also have a 10month old son whom is crawling now all over the place they have no interest in him what so ever but i also am very aware of them and keep a close eye on them around him. They have never showed signs of hurting him but always need to be very careful around dogs in general.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always think its kids down at their level and their high pitched energy!! always sensible too to watch around small kiddies yes just commonsense HAVE a lovely 10 days and lovely Easter/school holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rusty used to be super nervous when people came over but he's doing much better now. I still don't trust him 100% with little kids either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a spam comment above... best delete it ;) I'm so glad you are careful with the dogs - wouldn't it be great if everyone did this? I'm not scared of little dogs unless they are snapping and yappy. I am terrified of certain breeds now and I doubt that will ever change.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:06 AM

    Hi

    More guesses, Dog coats?

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you making a knitting swatch book ? Same idea that you did with the stitches on your LEMON machine but with knitting stitches. So far they all seem to be different stitch conbinations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How long has that pic of you and Stew been up on your sidebar? It's LOVELY.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2:24 PM

    I asked google what you were knitting & he didn't know LOL. Guess I'll just have to wait.

    Completely normal to watch kids with pets &/or separate them. Our dog bit me when I was a kid because G'pa pulled his tail!! freckles thought I pulled it & nipped me instead of G'pa. Any dog (or animal) could react badly if someone poked them in the eye, tugged or hugged them a bit too tightly!! OR pulled their tail in jest!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How has Brylee been with her skirt situation?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know what you are making! Washable pads for all the girls in your life! :D :D :D :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. My father was attacked by a dog when he was a kid and never liked them. So I never had a dog till Ditto!
    Your's look good after the haircut!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.