Thursday, July 25, 2013

TE AWAMUTU TODAY

Today is going to be special.
Stew and I are going to Te Awamutu, ON. OUR. OWN.
I have tracked down a fire guard for our fireplace and it's at Mitre 10, Te Awamutu.
Yes, I know I've told ya before!

It's YEARS since were were in Te Awamutu!  We were living there when we had Steve, AND where we got married when Steve was 6 weeks old.


ABOVE:  it's not that far away... about an hour and a half?  Maybe slightly longer.  Who cares?  It's a little day trip away.

I am going to take a photo of our FIRST HOME. The first home we bought together.  I've not seen it in a very long time.  I wonder how it will have changed?
I might even get a photo of the little church we got married in too.

It's going to be quite a sentimental trip I think.

See why today is special?

Last night... Griffin did his toes in AGAIN...

I can't BELIEVE how often this kid hurts his toes! This time the kitchen bench seat fell on his foot... taking out the big toe and the next one over.  
We presume they aren't broken... he can move them.  And even if they were broken, the Doctor couldn't do anything anyway.  Maybe tape them together?

Dunno.  Lots of painkillerS and we shall leave him to Bex's tender mercies today!

Next up for today... a collage of photos from last night, when Great-Aunt Khady was visiting:


While it looks like Dante was smiling at her, he wasn't really... right after that photo on the right, where it looks like hes smiling, he started to cry.

It will be nice when he stops crying at everyone he hasn't seen for ages, or met at all.

Righty ho... time to get a move on and start the day...

ONWARD... 

Yaaa I was right!  I guessed the newest Royal Baby would be named GEORGE !  I love his names.  
Welcome to our world George Alexander Louis!

So we are finally home again.  Just in time to have dinner... Bex had made macaroni cheese, which is just so yum.
Once I've had dinner I will try and get back with a photo or 10!


 ABOVE:  our very first home.  It has been altered a bit from our day.  The garage on the side is an addition.  The driveway used to run down the left side of the house to a single garage and a carport.


 ABOVE: from the back, they have added a room on too.



 ABOVE: Stew and I in front of the church we got married in.  It's just down the road from our first home.

It was lovely driving around our first 'home' town.


ABOVE: Stew getting to grips with the new fire guard.  He has to do a bit of twiddling tomorrow to get it to fit.

I have more photos for tomorrow... of Amanda, Liam and Emily.

End of Day:  well Stew and I had a really lovely day together... it went far too fast though.
nite nite

13 comments:

  1. Have a great day with stew oh memories !!!! Nice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes that is a nasty looking toe! I agree though on if it is broke - the Doc will just tape 'em together. Hope the big toe heals fast.

    Enjoy your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics!

    My big toe was broken in three places where it meets the foot. Had a special shoe and brace and crutches. It depends where the break is, but IMO Griffin's isn't anything like what mine looked like. It was black and it swelled like you would NOT believe. Griffin's just looks painful, not broken. I know you'll have him dragged to the doctor if it gets truly concerning, though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That toe certainly looks munted, Dante should be used to people coming and going but THEN it is the same people coming and going in your house and new faces would perhaps be daunting for him.

    I too love George Alexander Louis as the new baby name very traditional and strong King George funny that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:36 PM

    Camera advice - google Ken Rockwell, he reviews all cameras very thoroughly.
    :)
    Cranky

    ReplyDelete
  6. OUCH!!!!!!
    Have a great day or at least hope you had a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you haven't been back there for so long and it's only 1.5 hours away! What a pretty little church!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can't post photos of the church without also showing your wedding photos!! I'll look forward to seeing them tomorrow :) (Cheeky huh)

    Glad you had such a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes about Griffin's toe. Poor guy! Loved the photos of your old haunts!I haven't mentioned lately how completely adorable Dante is. I feel like I'm slacking. He's AWESOMELY cute. So glad you and Stew were able to spend such a special day together. Sometimes you need that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear you go some alone time. Seems like you had a nice trip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love pics of churchs, especially with clouds as the backdrop. Really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with Lynda above....some wedding photos would be fun to see.
    It looks like you had a very good "on your own" day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pictures of your old place and church. Fun going back and seeing things like that.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.