Monday, July 29, 2013

CUTE BABIES ... FUNNIES... BOOBS AND SHESH, THERE WAS SOMETHING ELSE!

Steve, Bex and Dante went to Hamilton yesterday on business... and visited some friends too.  Here is Dante and wee Alex chilling out together:

Alex is a couple of months younger than Dante, but as they grow the age difference will not matter.  I hope they are great friends.
I was reading a friend's blog yesterday, and she had this list on her blog... so ... I thought it was neat and pinched it!  LOL
She said it was fine by her...

Things my Mother taught me and I passed on to my kids...

1. My mother taught me about WEATHER. "Your room looks like a tornado hit it."

2. My mother taught me about RELIGION.
"You better pray that comes out of the carpet."

3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week."

4. My mother taught me about OSMOSIS.
"Shut your mouth and eat your supper."

5. My mother taught me about the CIRCLE OF LIFE.
"I brought you into this world, I can take you out."

6. My mother taught me about ENVY.
"There are millions of less fortunate children in the world who don't have wonderful parents like you."

7. My mother taught me about RECEIVING.
"You are going to get it when we get home."

8. My mother taught me about GENEALOGY.
"Shut that door... You think you were raised in a barn?"

9. My mother taught me about JUSTICE.
"One day you'll have kids... I hope they turn out just like you!"

10. My mother taught me about LOGIC.
"Because I said so, That's why."

11. My mother taught me about STAMINA.
"You'll sit there until your spinach is gone."

12. My mother taught me about IRONY.
"Keep crying. I'll give you something to cry about."


Like Debra, I heard most of them growing up, and I have used a few of them on my own kids too!


BOOBS.  Yep.  It's that time of year again. I have a mammogram scheduled for this morning.  OH Yaaa.   I just LOVE having me boobs squished between two slabs of perspex ... it bloody hurts!
Just another reason I think us girls get the raw end of the deal.

I know there is something else I have to do too... hopefully it comes back to me before I leave the house.

Feck... now I remember!  I am due for my next round of blood tests.   I've been putting it off for the last couple of weeks.  After the last time, when they had a hard job finding me vein, I've been a bit PUT OFF!  Can ya blame me?

I will go there after the boob squishing... but if there's a HUGE waiting crowd I'm coming home.
My nerves will not stand having to sit there waiting for an hour!

ONWARD...

We are off for a walk first thing ... as my boob appointment isn't until midday.  Great way to start the day...


 ABOVE: walking down into Totara Park.  It is a lovely walk.


 ABOVE:  there were several little water ponds and streams.


 ABOVE:  This is the back of the Hospice ... not a Hospice Shop.  Though we did stop in at the local Hospice Shop. 


ABOVE:  I said to Bex that an area around here would be a lovely wedding venue... for the Ceremony anyway?
Could be an idea to be chewed over.


ABOVE:  we found this treasure in our local Hospice Shop on our walk... Bex got some jeans and a baby bottle holder for when they are out.  It's got a little thing in the middle that is like a freezer bottle... so it will keep the bottles cold while travelling.  It was $3.50.
I spied the picture just as we were leaving ...  I just had to buy it.  
So much for saving every single cent towards my new Camera.   I am hopeless!

MAIRE: thank you for your suggestion re:  drinking lots of water.  Ummm... I DON'T drink water!  I hope Diet Coke is as effective!  lol

BOOBS:  The machine used to take the images of one's boobies is a new one.  It didn't hurt!  Very happy with that.  Now just have to wait 2 weeks for results.

BLOOD TEST:  done.  Had the 'senior, expert' do mine... so no misfires.  Bang on the vein first time.  
BUT... I may have to get it done again as I had fasted for too long?  Apparently you must get your blood test done within 12 hours of fasting.
I hadn't eaten for 17 hours.  *sigh*

After that I popped into the Manurewa Hospice shop, where I used to work.
And dammit!  Found more treasure:


 ABOVE:  I found two smaller glass bowls to match the larger one I got a few weeks ago!
I love them.
CLEARLY.  Cos I just could not leave them there.


 ABOVE:  See how they just fit together?  They won't even take up any more room in the cupboard.  SCORE.


 ABOVE:  these darling wee girl's boots.  Bex and Steve have to get a baby girl next!
Bex loves orange.
And she loves these shoes too.  Just as well.


ABOVE:  Fell in love with these two wine glasses too.  

AND THAT IS ALL!   I cannot leave my house again today.  It's too risky.  And I'm broke!  lol

End of Day:  well it's been a lovely day.  Worried now... cos I'm working tomorrow at the Manukau Hospice Shop.  OMG, what if I find more treasure?  Me savings plan for the camera is not looking that good!
nite nite

8 comments:

  1. Good luck on the boob squishing. I don't blame you for putting it off. It really is no fun at all.

    Love your Mom taught me list! You are super funny today!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my first booby squish earlier this year and it actually wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Haye blood tests, cannot stand needles either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a great day and the boob squishing goes well. I just gave Will a couple of superwines so am sure I have just damaged him for life ;) Your fireguard looks Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:26 AM

    Chris before going for your blood tests, try drinking lots of water. I give blood regularly and they advise that you drink heaps of water during the day. (you can have a wee, you don't have to keep it in your system). It helps the veins pop out. Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lousie - PunknScrap, I just read your comment and thought for a moment you had given your son two big glasses of wine! Biscuits much safer, perspective is the key!

    Chris, sorry I haven't been commenting lately (I was visiting family) but will get back to it. Glad everything seems to be going well. Penny xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:09 PM

    Love the nautical piece! Glad your boobs weren't so squished!!! LOL Hope you don't have to have the blood test done again, but seems like you are onto the right person to avoid them missing your veins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gawd we should call you MAGPIE cause every time you step out that door you find treasure!!! lol Lovely pictures on the walk very scenic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very disappoinging, I was looking for boobs pictures...

    Those boots wouldn't keep the water out very well.

    324 eeditii

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.