Saturday, April 27, 2013

TODAY I GIVE YOU.... KNICKERS.

And I have done this before!

*smiles*

Yesterday Stew and I were walking around the supermarket, and for the umpteenth time this week, my knickers slid off me butt and dangled around me knees.  Luckily I had on tights, cos that's the only reason they didn't end up at me ankles!

So, last night I decided it was time to go through the FOUR drawers full of knickers and sort them out.


ABOVE:  I have a lot of knickers.

Once I had tried on every single one... I ended up with four piles.


ABOVE:  I am in XLarge right now, and I aim to be in the Mediums by Christmas.
The fourth pile was for the rubbish.  It felt so good to actually be throwing some out at last.

Now, for today:  we are heading off on a road trip.  At some point we will meet up with my girlfriends from Palmerston North for lunch.  
Destination is probably mid-way between here and Palmerston North.  

I can't wait to see them again.  It's been quite a long time since I saw them last. 

Photos when we get home...

ONWARD...

HOME.  Had an awesome day.
I'll show you:


ABOVE:  We stopped at Tokoroa cemetary, where both my brothers and Dad are buried and we buried Keera's placenta there.  My brothers were Peter and Vernon Marshall... you can see their headstone in this photo.  My Dad's is just opposite my brother's grave.  Their 'feet' almost touch.

ABOVE: about to cross over the new Atiamuri Bridge, that cute little hill is a landmark I am very familiar with as we lived only a few kilometres from there.

ABOVE:  Steam being released from the Wairakei Geothermal power station.  It's not too far from Taupo... which is where we ended up meeting the girls.

ABOVE:  Me and my girlfriends. (Left to Right:  Chris D, Chris H, Sandra C and Anne R)  

It was just so nice to see them all again.  We used to always have morning tea together on a Saturday morning... but now I can only hear about them. *sniff*... These girls are what I miss most about Palmerston North... well them and our boy Mike of course.

 ABOVE:  Griffin pretending to be the 'bag boy'. 

Chris D said she was bringing along 'Muttley'... I had NO IDEA who Muttley was!  I thought she MIGHT have got a new dog?  Or a big soft toy dog?


 ABOVE:  But NO!   'Muttley' is her new car!  And a very cute wee car he is too.  She is thrilled with Muttley.


ABOVE: one more nice shot of us girls.  I'm so glad I wore some colour now!  That top is one I bought to wear next summer, but it fits me now, so I will wear it.  Why not?
It doesn't get THAT cold here in Auckland.   (It's a summer top, very thin).

By the way:  Chris D... I love your new hair colour!  Made me realise I need to get mine done again!  I have massive regrowth.  Gross.

Once we said our goodbyes, we headed back to Hamilton, where we caught up with Amanda and her family.
I will post those photos tomorrow.

For now... I'm going to think about going to bed early.

End of... a lovely, lovely Day.
nite nite

8 comments:

  1. I hope you chose the right size knickers for your day with your friends....it wouldn't do to be losing them somewhere along the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it is time to ditch the extra large one now.

    Enjoy your road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sliding down knickers drive me too distraction and when I find a style I like and buy as many colours in THEY change them knickers lover them hate them AT LEAST gwenyth Paltrow didn't have that problem at IRONMAN 3 premiere!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL at the knickers! Perhaps I should tidy up my drawers and see how many I have though I don't think I have as many as you! :)
    Love the grouping of them - great idea :)
    Hope your road trip goes well and that you have a fab time catching up with your friends xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting day ahead, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had an awesome day - superb! I used to live in Palmie too - do miss it sometimes. Not so much the cold but yeah, it was great.

    Looking good - I love the colour of your top. I like bright colours and although I wear a lot of black, do try to brighten it up when I can!!

    Loving Stew's shirt - go the chiefs!! (Chiefs won too - woohoo!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a peaceful looking cemetery. It's good for the soul to visit those gone on.

    YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!!!! Love the colorful top! Looking forward to more pics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a lovely day out! Always nice to see old friends and you all look lovely! Love your top too Chris! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.